Wednesday, June 26, 2019

dream with rory


Glorious Saturday afternoon, springtime. I dropped by your house - your old house, actually, come to think of it - and you had these tables set up on your driveway of all your old LP's you were selling off. And you were going through them, putting them in new plastic sleeves like collectors use and organizing them into sections. Not by music, but by cover art: the best section was all these great psychedelic covers, like Odessey & Oracle by the Zombies (except you didn't have that one). There was a great one by Motown girl groups, another by Leon Redbone.

The records were all around $20 each. Which is high for used records, but they all seemed to be in mint condition. Really interesting selection.

My interest was obviously piqued, so you said I could help put the sleeves on and you'd pay me in records. Only we mostly just talked, and didn't get much done. Then you were off to a concert by a bunch of artists who'd been at the first folk music festival, but I decided to stay and finish up the job. I hadn't really had a good look at the records.

You also had this cousin who was babysitting for you who was sort of in the background. She was gorgeous. I think I also wanted to hang around to get a good look at her.

At one point, crab apples started raining from the sky, first just sprinkling, then a downpour, and with some big apples mixed in. Only they were soft like snow, and sweet to taste. And they didn't get on the records.

Mar 29, 2008